After every branded influencer campaign, brands and agencies create concise executive summaries of reach, likes and follower growth. However, these reports lack precision, not due to a lack of available metrics, but to a lack of accurate data collection, processing and analysis. Post-campaign reporting in the influencer marketing space is often done poorly for a variety of reasons:
- In an industry full of creatives, the thought of trawling through (sometimes) hundreds of posts to collect all of their data is daunting, time-consuming and boring
- For most vendors (talent agencies, MCN’s or influencer marketplaces), the steps leading to the end of the campaign tend to be so resource exhaustive that post campaign-reporting tends to be an afterthought.
- There is a lack of trust in vendors who are essentially asked to ‘grade their own homework’ – they set the targets and miraculously always seem to provide campaign reports where they have outperformed targets!
- Unless a presentation is formally requested, exhaustive research is deprioritised.
- Influencers are hired by various departments with different agendas.
Budgets for influencer marketing are increasing, but there is still no standard method by which to measure success and return on investment. The standard of reporting is also a reflection of what the majority of brands currently request. Our bet is that as influencer marketing heads in the same direction as other performance marketing channels, there will be a shift towards rigorous post-campaign analysis and reporting, and the data we provide will inform future campaign planning.
Currently, the most advanced reports (still not the majority) incorporate:
Although this is a good start, it is not enough when it comes to producing an accurate and detailed post-campaign report. At CampaignDeus, we provide insightful metrics and advanced data in order to improve the accuracy and detail within our reports. This process includes comparing the performance of Branded and Non-Branded posts by each influencer, determining the success of an influencer’s post based on their account size, collecting influencer’s data for multiple conversions, benchmarking and much more.