INFLUENCER MARKETING FRAUD, TOP PERFORMING SECTORS AND BRANDS REVEALED IN UK FIRST ‘INFLUENCER INDEX’
CampaignDeus have produced the first Influencer Index Report, a comprehensive analysis of the so-called ‘Wild West’ influencer marketing industry in the UK. We analysed almost 700,000 influencer posts published on Instagram between January and June 2018 from a representative sample of 4,600 accounts.
Highlights from the report include:
- One in eight UK influencers bought fake followers on Instagram within the 6 month period
- Smaller brands dominate top 10 ROI rankings
- Micro influencers outperform bigger names by substantial margins
- Fashion & Style sector attracts biggest marketing investment
- Engagement rates fall off when brands get involved